"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Sunday, May 16, 2010

SUNDAY STROLL - IN THE PINK

Flowers and a spicy scent put me on the path for this stroll.As you view these Pinks I want you to think 'cloves'. I am charmed by the sweet little flower which must be in the carnation family. They are always worth a kneeling down to take away a whiff or two. And so I looked around for more PINK and found....
Zinnias

Corral bells

Mountain Laurel

Peonies

A few lingering Bleeding Hearts

Newly hung baskets of Fushia

Locust tree,
and

I must jump off the beaten path for a quick peek
at a vibrant accent color of yellow -
the lovely and charming Iris .

I wonder who else is taking folks for a stroll today. Check out
Aisling's Country Home for other outings.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Lovely pinks! I wish I could smell the clove pinks! I have a few dianthas too, but none quite smell like cloves. Thus, I am always on the look out for a variety that really does!

Zinnias already! Wow! :D

Cloudhands said...

The zinnias were nursery bought. I have the pinks in a couple of places and hope they fill in their little corners of the world for sharing and vases in the house.

marcia said...

Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous colors! I love to try and focus on one color and see what else I can find.
Beautiful!


happy day!
~marcia

Cloudhands said...

Marcia,
So glad you came by to stroll around our yard with me. We have had rain this morning and everything looks fresh and perky.

Gilly said...

You have some lovely flowes. I like the blossoms on your Hostas - mine are a rather ordinary mauve - not terribly exciting, though I have them for the foliage. Which the slugs and snails love.

Where we used to live we had a whole row of the most gloriously scented double white pinks. The old fashioned sort. They smelt absolutely fantastic! But we have acidic soil now and pinks don't like it much. I have had them in pots, I really must try again!

Cloudhands said...

Gilly,
Oops, the angle I took the picture of the Corral Bells encluded the Hosta and gave the wrong impression. My Hosta also has the ordinary purple flowers you mention and so I'm sorry for the confusion.
I love to pick one of the Pinks and carry it around just so I can have a sniff every now and then. So sorry you can't grow them where you now live.