"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

READY, SET, QUILT

Grandson's quilt is started

First... I have the idea... Jackson is getting to big for his crib, he needs a twin size quilt.
Second... I should coordinate with his brother's quilt. They share a room.
Third... Review Joshua's quilt design and amounts of fabric needed.
Forth... Go shopping. Buy some luscious fabric. Head home to the quilt studio.

Finally... Time to have fun. Cut, sew, cut again and sew again.
Repeat until the two different blocks are formed.
Put together in a pleasing combination and make enough for a twin size bed.
We'll worry about borders and quilting later.

I've gone into quilt mode and I'm in the grove.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

It will be fun to pop in and watch the progress! I know it will be wonderful. :)

Cloudhands said...

I probably won't post about it again until I have enough blocks to put on my design wall for a quick peek at possible arrangements. Hopefully soon.