"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Sunday, March 1, 2009

SUNDAY STROLL

This is the tree we used for crossing the creek for a couple of years before we built the bridge. Nature is a clever decorator. The colors, the random placement of trees, bushes and wild flowers seems just right. But, although we are admonished to not try to gild the lily, I in my enthusiasm to share in the creative process have done my bit to pretty up the pathways.
Entering one of the paths I have hung the gift of wind chimes from our son and family in Texas.

Four benches grace the walks in order to sit and listen, watch or just ponder the ways of nature.


Dave and Mary are the docents in this area of the woods.




You are bound to meet Babette gazing sweetly at her love.




In return, Gerard sighs "Ah, Babette"





We have a wondrous community of sprites and fairies and I decorate for them as well.






Finally let me introduce you to the thinking frog who sits in the wildflower patch waiting for the dear sweet princess to come and kiss him back into his princely form that we have learned to call The Thinker.
More Strolling can be found over at The Quiet Country House.






4 comments:

Marcie said...

How fun. I love the whimsical appointments of your trails. The wind chimes are too cute.

Farmer's Daughter said...

I love the log over the water. Makes me think of being a child and playing in the woods.

Cloudhands said...

Aisling,
I hope I don't get too carried away with gnome and such, but I do love touches of whimsy and unexpected little scenes. I did have a wardward out there but the weather did it in.

F. Daughter, I still play in the woods. I bet you do as well. Teachers who see the world through their students eyes never grow old.

Everydaywoman said...

I just love the touches you've added to make your quiet walks in the woods all the more pleasant. Dave and Mary just make me smile! Enjoy that peaceful place!