"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Sunday, October 11, 2009

SUNDAY STROLL - LEAFING

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
over and around us lies:
Lord of all, to Thee we raise,
this our hymn of grateful praise.
Folliott S. Pierpoint
Look up, look up and see the handiwork of the original artist.


Almost gone, already.
Don't forget to look down and around.



What variety, what delight in looking and enjoying the sights and sounds and smells of autumn.
Thanks for walking with me for a little while.
To keep the wanderlust of your soul happy head on over to
The Quiet Country House for more strolling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The wanderlust of your soul..."
What a beautiful phrase!
The trees are changing and clearing quickly this year. It's good to pause for a moment and enjoy.

Cloudhands said...

There is nothing better for me to do than take a moment to do that old thing of Stop, Look and Listen. It has always been good advise.

Marcie said...

There is so much beauty and variety just in the leaves, isn't there? I love your pictures today!

Cloudhands said...

Aisling,
The variations on a theme seems to have no end or lack of imagination. I love that differences are so celebrated in nature.

Beth Niquette said...

How lovely--and that is one of my favorite song/hymns. Beautiful pictures--they fill my eyes.

Cloudhands said...

Beth,
I have been singing the song off and on to myself for a week or so and figured I needed to share it here. I'm glad you enjoyed the leaves I see and marvel at daily.