"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Sunday, March 21, 2010

SUNDAY STROLL- SPRING FORTH

See I am doing a new thing. Now it springs forth, do you not see it?
Isaiah 43
It's the promise of a new year, a new season of abundance.
Here you see the spears of new Big Leaf Magnolia leaves seeking the sun.

The Maple has a red hue of buds announcing the the coming comfort of a shelter from the summer sun.
The eager Bradford Pears wants to fill the landscape with blossoms to thrill the winter hungry eyes with a different kind of snow white.

Here the grumpy old Red Oak tree that guards our neighborhood still clings to it's leaves of 2009 not willing to let go until late in spring when the sap fully rises and forces the old to let go and make room for the youth and vigor of the new generation of leaves.
And so goes the natural order of things

For as the rain and the snow come down from the heaven,
and return not thither but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55: 10-11

To Stroll down another lane go the Aislings place and go from there.

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Spring is rolling itself out beautifully there! How nice!

Beth Niquette said...

Oooooh! I gasped and looked--oooh'd and aaaaw'd over every photo--and the words with them.

Exquisite--beautiful, uplifting!

Cloudhands said...

Aisling,
I enjoy each season for what it brings, but spring really puts on a grand entrance. Every day gives something new and showy. It works for me.

Cloudhands said...

Beth,
You sweet talking gal, I'm glad you liked my thought processes today.

Gilly said...

Isn't it really encouraging when the sun shines, the buds swell and the daffs start bowing their heads? But I can't wait for it to get a bit WARMER!

Cloudhands said...

Gilly,
The bright sunny days are my favorite and if it is warm enough to leave the sweater inside, that is the best of all. I agree every little new spring touch thrills my spirit. The crisp fresh air of spring blowing the winter blahs away is also welcome around here.

Friko said...

soring has sprung but then it went indoors again round here.

Cloudhands said...

Friko,
That seems to be the nature of Spring everywhere. It's like we need buzy days of warmth and sun to get out and work the garden and then days to rest indoors during the rain and chill.