"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

QUILT CLASS PROJECT

My quilting guild met yesterday and our project was to create a new purse. Of course, the material was to be quilted. It is filled with pockets inside and out. The fabric choices of the ladies were delightful and varied. I used the black and white tai chi fabric that has been stored in my stash for awhile now waiting for the right and proper use. Quilters tend to buy and store fabric with something akin to obsessiveness. It is a quality we all recognize and appreciate in one another. Fabric designs tend to go out of style and out of stock as the new and latest trends develop. So when you see something that grabs your eye and heart you better buy it. The right and proper use will present itself in the fullness of time.
FILLED AND READY TO GO OUT AND SHOP


4 comments:

Socratease8 said...

It looks even better in person!

Marcie said...

I commented on this post just after you posted it. Another comment gone astray somehow. I love your purse and fabric choice. I would love to have a good pattern for a purse, and be able to make up a new one on a weekend in some fun new fabric. You can imagine I might choose dragonflies or a gardening motif, and an ethnic print would appeal to me.

Cloudhands said...

This purse was made in about 4 or 5 hours. I cut the pieces out before our guild meeting and finished there. It goes together pretty easily. The quilted fabric does get really thick and hard to run through the machine, but if you have a walking foot or sturdy machine with a jeans needle it works. I'll look for some fabric and see what I can come up with for you. No time schedual. I'm working on Jacks quilt and hand quilting a baby quilt for a neighbor.

Marcie said...

I'll be thrilled if you make me one, but I hope you know that wasn't supposed to be a big hint. *grin* I was thinking that I'd like your pattern number (if it was a commercial pattern.)

BTW, I love Jackson's quilt. Can't wait to see it finished!