"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Thursday, December 31, 2009

ONE YEAR AS A BLOGGER


Happy New Year
from Flutemaker and Cloudhands
I started blogging a year ago yesterday. What an interesting experience. The best part is all the agreeable folks who have been kind enough to say hello and add interesting comments in response to my words and pictures. Thank you so much.
I began after much encouragement from my daughter Aisling at The Quiet Country House. She and her brother John were blogging and they thought I would enjoy it as well.
Having dabbled at writing years ago in a newspaper column, filling a space with words was not totally unfamiliar. Now to be perfectly clear, this was not big time newspaper work. The Tri-City Times was a weekly paper and so I wrote weekly in a column I called The Partyline. I wrote a local happenings spot where after telling club, church, school and personal interest stories I was allowed to finish out the 1500 words with whatever struck my fancy.
The most recurring theme here at 'Uncarved Block' has been the Sunday Stroll in response to Aisling and the feature she started and encouraged her blog friends to participate with her. I think I only missed a few Sundays. I begin the new year with a clearer understanding that this is something I enjoy and my intention to write more about Tai Chi and the Taoist thoughts indicated by my name Cloudhands and the Uncarved Block header have not really been realized. I hope to correct this in the coming months.
I think the next most visited theme in my life has been my sharing of my love of quilting.
Being out in nature may actually trump that because of the Sunday Strolls.
Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
Ronald Reagan

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Happy Blogiversary! I've really enjoyed your posts and photos! Happy New Year!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Happy One Year to you.
I glad I got to know you - through your talented daughter - Aisling.
Blessings sent to you and yours over the miles (they are really not that many).

Cloudhands said...

Aisling,
Thank you for dragging me out of keeping my thoughts to myself. Who knew anyone would be interested. Give everyone there a New years kiss and hug for me.

Ernestine,
It has been a pure pleasure to follow your Journey, I look forward to the continuing saga of the One Woman. As the crow flies we are practically neighbors.

Beth Niquette said...

And a happy blogaversary to you! I've had so much fun reading your blog and I've enjoyed your comments. You've been such an encouragement to me personally.

A Happy New Year to you, dear girl!

May God bless you with such joy over this coming year!

Gilly said...

What a lovely photo! And a Happy New Year to one of my favourite bloggers, and many happy blogs to come!

Cloudhands said...

Beth,
As always the road goes both ways and I am so glad we have connected. I love your creativity and sense of wonder.

Gilly,
Isn't this a wonderful tool for meeting people who fill us with joy and fun as we find each other from around the world. I wish you adventures and good health in the coming year.