"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

GRACE NOTES

I love this picture, it came from some internet site. Wish I could give better credit to the photographer.
Thumbing through my book of quotes I see many themes but today I think I will just throw out random thoughts that have struck my fancy over the years.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Where there is no vision, the people perish."
Proverbs 29:18
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods."
Einstein
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If you only love enough, you could be the most powerful person in the world.
Emmett Fox
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Life can only be understood backwards, but, it must be lived forward!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Silence is the language God speaks, and everything else is a bad translation.
Father Thomas Keating.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Feminism
In 1913 Rebecca West wrote sardonically, I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat."
From Backlash: Susan Faludi
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear God Let me seek the truth, but spare me the company of those who have found it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen
The Book of Prayer

5 comments:

Marcie said...

I love the feminist/doormat quote. Good insight. :)

Cloudhands said...

Made sense to me when I first read it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

They once again spoke to my heart.
Continue this.

Wendy said...

Love that pic. I also post pics from the net and don't know who to give credit to.

Found you from onewoman'sjourney blog. I liked your name Cloudhands. Knowing it's a tai chi move, I clicked on your name to see if you were a tai chi practitioner. Yup! You are. Tai chi rules!! I love it.

Cloudhands said...

Wendy,
Thanks for stopping by, perhaps you also are a student of the Tao Te Ching and know the metaphor of my blog title. I try to remain as simple as an Uncarved Block. I expect to visit your blogs often. Oh, I gave myself away. I already went to your sites and was drawn in and loved the fairies.