"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Sunday, May 24, 2009

SUNDAY STROLL-MEDITATION GARDEN

This Memorial Day Weekend I want to invite you into the Meditation and Healing Garden in our church yard. Our church has several talented artist who worked all last summer on the mosaic wall.


Come sit and contemplate the heroic nature of human beings who through the ages were willing to die for friend, home or country. This is the time to say thank you, not to just soldiers, but all who serve to protect and preserve the concept of personal freedom. We need to be about healing one another's wounds.

Here in this garden are many herbs, mints, sage, balms, this Rosemary plant is turning into a shrub, don't you think.


The angel sits in the midst of Thyme and calls us to attend to the here and now. This is our time. I am a meditative and feel hope and peace in any natural setting. Here I pray for the healing of spirit and mind and heart of the world.

Stroll through other gardens and places at Aisling's place.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

That was beautiful and restful! I love the mosaic wall. How wonderful!

It looks like a lot of time and loving attention have gone into that garden. Do you help in the garden there? I would have a hard time staying out of that lovely place, I think!

Cloudhands said...

We were in on the planning and clearing and some planting. I weed a little when I am in the garden. I'm sure you know how it is. You just lean over as you are visiting with someone and out comes the weed, sort of a conditioned reflex.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you for sharing this garden.
There is nothing like this near where I live. If it was near - I would visit often.

Cloudhands said...

The church is in the city and surrounded by businesses We hope to have a water feature which will add sound and hopefully mask the traffic sounds. Nevertheless it is pleasing to sit among the herbs and flowers and feel peaceful. As people have prayed amd worked in the garden the area has takes on an aura of calm.