"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

GRACE NOTES

This picture is from Journey to Wild Divine, a biofeedback game of adventure I play on my computer.

I realized a long time ago that life is pretty much what we choose to make of it. We don't always have control of what is happening, but we always have a choice in how we think about it. When it finally occurred to me that I am free to think what I want to think, I was amazed. I was so relieved and delighted to realize I didn't have to view the world the way my family thought or society directed. I am on my own in my own thoughts. What a Eureka moment.

The following quote says it pretty well.

ATTITUDES

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or wreck a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the inevitable, we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our ATTITUDES"

Chuck Swindall


11 comments:

asouthernsunset said...

What a wonderful and inspiring post. I love it. Change our attitude and we change our world. So very true.

Blessings,
Yaya

Cloudhands said...

Yaya,
So nice to have you stop and visit a momnet. I can't tell you how good it made me feel all those years ago to know I was in charge of my attitude. Changed how I looked at everything.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Your Grace Notes always speak to me. This is wonderful and I am going to copy it. Thank you.

Cloudhands said...

Ernestine,
I'm so glad you are interested in these quotes I share. It gives me pleasure to know there are like minded people that see the world from the same heartfelt gentle point of view.

Beverly said...

I needed that today...hopefully will be free to post about it one day...

Cloudhands said...

Beverly,
If it was helpful to you I'm glad that this is the quote I choose to feature.

Wendy said...

Well that sounds good to me. Today it was sunny and warm. A simply beautiful day. I had amazing energy. Walked my granddaughter until she fell asleep in her stroller. Ran around and did lots of things, cooked supper, drank a glass of wine and had chocolate for dessert.

Come winter when it's cold and dark, my energy just fades away. And for some reason, I can't drink wine. I think I only drink wine when I'm happy (yeah, I know, I must be weird).

All that to say - when the energy is good, the attitude is good and one can accomplish lots and lots of good things and then Life is Fun!!!

Wendy said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say a quote I learned 'way back and blogged about 'way back.
"Life is not about waiting out the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Sometimes I just need to hear that one again.

Cloudhands said...

Wendy, Love that little quote. It reminds me of one of my many favorites. "Mama said, When you stumble make it a part of your dance" Reading some of your blogs entries I sense you know how to make attitude adjustments as needed. Then there is the movement of energy during Tai Chi, so I can well imagine you refreshing yourself with a relaxing series of movements. Thanks for stopping by.

Christy said...

I love what you say here..not quite there but I'm working on it.
Thanks for stopping by it always makes me smile. Hope all is well with you.

Cloudhands said...

Christy,
It's nice to see you here. Thanks for being interested and checking in, so to speak. You seem ready for whatever your next step turns out to be.