"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CURIOUS ON TUESDAY



It looked like someone had dropped a sea sponge on the forest floor. It turns out it wasn't dropped it was grown. It has the look of coral out from under the sea. But it is a fungi and is called a sponge. Will wonders never cease. I am 68 and this is my first encounter with this fungi. How delightful. I wonder what I'll find next now that I am looking with more awareness.


2 comments:

Gilly said...

Not sure if we have anything like that in Britain, but it is very beautiful!

We used to go on "fungus forays" in the woods in autumn where we lived before. It was amazing what could be found under the tutelage of a knowledgeable leader! I loved the tiny, bright red ones which grow on dead wood.

Cloudhands said...

I'm having so much fun seeking out the mushrooms and strange fungus that are showing up this very wet season. I am amazed at the tiny little dots that are there if you are looking for them. You mention red dots. I took a picture of a little red capped mushroom with white dots and the number seven on the cap. I'll have to feature it someday.