"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

GRACE NOTES

In the last couple of weeks we have attended two funerals and as I paged through my book of quotes, ideas and thoughtful writings I was drawn to those that spoke of death. I didn't realize I had collected so many. I will share a few here.
As a true believer in Life everlasting I have a strong sense of "ongoing"and live with a sense of a presence with me, giving peace, joy, comfort and hope. That presence has been called God, Spirit, Comforter, Angels, Guides and at various times in my life I have called it each of those names and with the sense of that presence always with me the fear of death fade into nothingness.
Enjoy the following ideas that have made an impression on me over the years.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We must sometimes congratulate ourselves at the moment of waking from a troubled dream,
it may be so the moment after death.
Nathaniel Hawthrone

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Those who love deeply never grow old;
they may die of old age,
but they die young.
Annon.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

* The grave is not the final end.
* What we do here is related to what happens afterwards.
* What happens afterwards is what no one can speak of with any assurance.
Rabbi Simon Greenburg

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life:
--it goes on.
Robert Frost

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If you would indeed behold the spirit of death,
open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one,
even as the river and the sea are one.
Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

These are the few I chose. While picking them an abundant number of Life quotes presented themselves to me and I will feature them next week.
I threw in the Robert Frost quote even though he may not have meant it the way I read it.

photo: 'Angel Light" by Flutemaker

2 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

First I love the image. Second, I wish you would make a book with your Grace Notes. I will buy one.
My grace notes are written on 3 x 5 cards and are worn and some tear stained.

Cloudhands said...

Ernestine, You are such a dear lady. I'll bet we both could write books with all the notes we have compiled over the years. What touches our souls is universal. The differences would be our comentary and the authors we favor. My passion is reading and absorbing the world of imagination, I'm not sure I could convert that into being the writer.