"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

GRACE NOTES - LIFE

The driving force of nature is the life force. We are co creators with God. Everything about us is geared toward insuring that the future is filled with life. That we sometimes miss the mark as we aim at that goal doesn't change the facts of that imperative. It only highlights the reality of free will. I think you will see in the following quotes I tend to view life as a gift from God and therefore I am filled with Joy and Thanksgiving and thrill to the life force that animates me.
#######################################
May I so live and so attune my life and being that the God within me may see and hear; and the small voice speak from within and teach me that which I cannot see or hear from without.
#########################################

Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains,
at the huge waves of the sea,
at the long courses of the rivers,
at the vast compass of the ocean,
at the circular motions of the stars;
and they pass by themselves without wondering.
St. Augustine
###########################################
The great danger in life is not showing up.
Rachel Naomi Remen
##########################################
The deepest secret is that life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation.
Seek, therefore, not to find out who you are, seek to determine who you want to be!
#########################################
'You are a distinct portion of the essence of God; and contain part of Him in yourself. Why then, are you ignorant of your noble birth. Why do you not consider whence you came? Why do you not remember, when you are eating, who you are who eat, and whom you feed/ Do you not know that it is the Divine you feed, the Divine you exercise? You carry God about with you, poor wretch, and know nothing of it.'
Epictetus, philosopher 2000 years ago.
####################################
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31
######################################
Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time,
like the dew on the tip of a leaf.
Rabindranath Tagore
####################################
What is Life?
"It is the flash of a firefly in the night.
It is the breath of the buffalo in the wintertime.
It is the little shadow which runs across the grass
and loses itself in the sunset."
Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior, 1890
#######################################
Joy is not a rare and secret thing obtained at great expense.
It is yours if you are willing to breath deeply,
turn homeward and embrace your own life force.
Jennifer James
#####################################
I say Yes! to my life as a sacred outrageous adventure---
holy and humorous ---
that has never been done quite the way I do it.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

I love the R. Tagore quote (also love those) and the Crowfoot quote, which I have read before (perhaps in a longer passage) and loved then as well. It is a deep complex subject, but it is nice to get a glimpse of the bouyancy in your spirit as you share these thoughts.

Cloudhands said...

The older I get the less seriously I take myself. That has led me to see more things with a cockeyed optimist point of view. I have fun at just about everything I do. I am serious when I need to be, but I have learned most occasions can support a little humor.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you once again for your Grace Notes. Have a good day.

Cloudhands said...

Ernestine,
What would I do without your kind words of support. Thanks for taking time to come by.

asouthernsunset said...

When I come here, I know I will feel inspired. Thank you for taking the time to send wonderful energy out into the universe.
Blessings
Yaya

Cloudhands said...

Yaya,
You are very kind. I just noticed you published today and I'm off to see what you are thinking about today.