"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

CURIOUS NUMBERS

Has it been pointed out to you that tomorrow is one of those curious number days that numerologist consider auspicious or at least of interest.
34 minutes and 56 seconds after 12 am or noon on the 8th day of July in the year of 09 can be written out as 12:34,56-7/8/9.
Interesting, but not earth shaking. Just one of those interesting little tidbits that we humans find to be a fun distraction and a mind game to stretch the imagination.
This line up of numbers is not all that uncommon and you can probably come up with your own dates and time combinations.
Here's one more just for fun. In 2011 on Nov. 11, --- you guessed it, at 11 minutes 11 seconds after 11 o'clock it will be 11:11,11-11/11/11
I was alerted to this interesting numbers game in one of my e-mail newsletters Wordsmith.org called 'A.Word.A .Day' by Anu Garg which gives me an interesting word to consider everyday.

6 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

It just so happens to be a VERY auspicious day around here. That is almost exactly the time and date that my special son will be turning 21. Defying all the predictions, odds, and obvious challenges, HE MADE IT and shows no signs of slowing. Praise the Lord!

Yes it is curious and curiously WONDERFUL! : D

Cloudhands said...

How wonderful for you, your family and your son. I will also say a heartfelt Thank you to God for the gift of life and our ability to be more than we were expected to be. I think too many times we sell ourselves short and don't live up to our potential. I love to hear when someone defies the odds. Praise and Glory to God!

Gilly said...

I'd forgotten all about Wordsmith! I used to love it - I must get back to reading it again!

And congratulations to Debbie's son, and the Mum that helped him grow up! And thanks to God who made all this possible.

Cloudhands said...

Hi Gilly, Isn't wordsmith fun. I almost never use the words he presents. They are usually so obscure or to fancy for my tongue. But I am stuck loving words and how they feel in my mouth. It is a very curious thing, but I love to make up words as well.

Gilly said...

There are some lovely old dialect words and phrases that need to be revived! And not so old, either. When the day got really dark through thunder clouds, my mother-in-law always used to say it was !as black as Newgate;s knocker"

No idea where it came from though Newgate was an infamous London Prison, so I suppose its knocker was black in the sense of oppressive or something!

Cloudhands said...

It may make me trite and ordinary but I love cliches and old country wisdom and the sayings that arose from old wives tales.