"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Thursday, July 9, 2009

WORKING CATS

We all know that dogs are working companions for people all over the world. They are wonderful pets and family members. At this time in our lives we have chosen cats for our home. Over the years we have enjoy the company of both. We love cats for their independence and attitudes. Take GiGi, short for Garfield Girl, shes a real character, talks up a storm and gets into all kinds of trouble. We are always treating her wounds. She and her sister KiKi, short for Kitty Kitty, are in and outside cats and walk with us whenever we are out and about.
Here you see GiGi misunderstanding her job of helping Flutemaker find a lost screw under my computer.
Gentle spirit KiKi on the other hand was right on her mark helping me photograph these tiny little mushrooms.


See how carefully she helps give perspective on the size of the wee 'rooms'. Equally true, she was probably curious as to why I was down on my knees in the pathway to the woods. She likely thought 'oh goodie, Ma wants to play.'


Now she has gone and gotten kittenish. I think she is trying on some 'room' bits to see if she can camouflage her catness. She does love to hunt and is looking for an edge.

Well she left a few mushrooms to carry on their lives and traditions. And indeed she was a wonderful help to me. I like to think our cats are working cats as well as companions.

8 comments:

Blessed With Four said...

I have never seen mushrooms that little, those are so cool and of course your cats stole the show by being so cute - we have 3 and a little dog and they keep our life fun and interesting always :o)

Cloudhands said...

Blessed, These teeny tiny mushrooms show up every year. This year has been an amazing year for the mushrooms. Wet and humid must be the favorite conditions for them to florish. We have seen curious shapes and sizes.
So glad you stopped to comment.

Gilly said...

Your cats look like fun! We are dog persons ourselves, but I like cats too - having been brought up with them right through my childhood!

Cloudhands said...

Gilly,
I can't imagine a home without animals as members of the family. Our cats give us such pleasure. Actually the cats have us. I'm pretty sure somewhere along the way they took charge and we wait on them providing laps, food and open doors.

Marcie said...

What cute little friends you have there. :)

Cloudhands said...

We have lots of fun with them, I think we amuse them and they reward us with purring lap warmers.

SG said...

The first picture brought an instant smile on my face. Your cats seem a lot of fun.. and very interesting company! :)

Cloudhands said...

Phoenix,
I think pets keep us healthy in so many ways and smiling and laughing are major mental health boosters. Thanks for stopping by.