"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

GRACE NOTES

Here are some more quotes that help me remember to stay open to all possibilities. Gifts of love and understanding are all around and we can share in the adventure of uncovering these gifts. I believe we are here to not necessarily solve all the mysteries of who we are and why are we here, but to just live in the questions and enjoy the process of discovery, however far that takes us.

-----------------------------------------------
Each challenge is there to guide you toward the desire of your heart.
Each problem, seen from the positive side, always turns into a blessing.
Each sorrow leads you to your joy.
Each doubt--to your knowing.
Each lack--to your abundance.
Each debt--to your freedom.
Each feeling of hopelessness--to your power.
Each cry of pain--to your comfort.
Each act of war-- to your peace.
Each act of anger--to your love.
And each journey through darkness--into the light.
------------------------------------------------
There is nothing to worry about -- ever!
Either you have control or you don't.
If you do, take control.
If you don't, then dismiss it.
Don't waste your energy on worry.
--------------------------------------------------
In the real world
as in dreams,
Nothing is quite
what it seems.
The Book of Counted Sorrows
----------------------------------------------------
When its time, its time,
when its done, its done,
there comes a point when
more is simply more.
------------------------------------------------------
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal
with the intent of throwing it at someone else,
you are the one getting burned.
Buddha
----------------------------------------------------------
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill.
To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Sun Tzu

5 comments:

asouthernsunset said...

I always feel such comfort and inspiration when I visit your special place. I am so glad I stopped in tonight, because I am filled with such a peaceful feeling now, and I really needed that. Life has been too busy and hectic in my world, but all is calm and peaceful here. Thank you.
Yaya

Gilly said...

I do like that quote about worrying! I only wish I could drive it into the heads of one or two people in my family!!

Cloudhands said...

Yaya,
If I can be a calming influence anywhere that makes me happy. Thank you for saying so. I find it curious that I feel the same way when I visit your blog. I believe we are here to encourage and help one another.

Gilly,
There just seem to be some people who take worry to a high art. I look at them as having worry as a hobby and they throw themselves into it with utter abandon. Silly souls, but you gotta love them.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Once again your Grace Notes speak to my heart.
I will be glad when my computer is moved to the country. It was a nice rest but I am ready to visit my friends daily.
Blessings sent your way and thank you for your warm and encouraging thoughts.

Cloudhands said...

Ernestine,
It is good to see you here even if for just a short visit. I also looking forward to your being a regular stop on my way around the web. You have quickly become an important element in my day.