"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Thursday, July 2, 2009

LOOKIN' GOOD

Goodie. I feel finished with this project now that I see it put to use. This is Jackson using the quilt I made and sent him recently. Knowing he had it and liked it is not the same as seeing it in place. His Momma took these pictures and posted them on Facebook. I downloaded them for my scrapbook of quilts I've made. So far I have made baby quilts and twin bed quilts for each of the nine grandchildren. The oldest is 19 and I am thinking I need to start on some really big quilts for the future.
I made Jack's quilt in the style of his big brothers quilt which is on the top bunk. I used the same basic quilt pattern but modified it so they would match but not be exactly the same.

Here you see big brother Joshua on top with the quilt I made when he was ready for a big bed. Now that Jack has been freed from his crib he needed his own big bed quilt. And there you have it. Sweet boys.



6 comments:

Gilly said...

Lovely boys, and wonderful quilts! You are very talented!

Cloudhands said...

Thank you. I do love to play with fabric. The boys are of course just delightful.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

These are beautiful. My mother made some this size and gave me one. It is so nice in the winter to put over me as I read. I do not sew. Or rather a button or hem something - that is it. Your grandson's are handsome.

Cloudhands said...

The boys are 7 and 2 and all that that entails. Cute, silly and mischievous. Loud, full of spunk and teasing each other. I had three boys and it all comes back to me when we are with Josh and Jack.

Wendy said...

What beautiful quilts and sweet grandchildren! You are amazing to make so many quilts. Labour of love indeed. I take my hat off to you.
Hugs

Cloudhands said...

Hey there wendy,
Since I love to quilt finding a place to put the quilt is where I have to get creative. There is always family,charities, friends, buyers and my closet. I am setting up a new computer and that is taking my time right now.