"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

GRACE NOTES

photo by Flutemaker on one of his walks
I wrote quotes, poems and sayings in my book that I call Grace Notes as I came across them and never tried to organize the pages as I went along. Thus each page is filled with random thoughts. This week I want to just open the notebook and transcribe what one page has been filled with.
So here goes.
Ahh....
Nice selection I think.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Let each one turn his gaze inward and regard himself with awe and wonder, with mystery and reverence; let each one work his own influence, his own havoc, his own miracles.
Henry Miller
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
We're all stumbling toward the light
with varying degrees of grace
at any given moment.
Bo Lozoff
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
There's a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.
Leonard Cohen
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Winter is an etching,
Spring a watercolor,
Summer an oil painting
and Autumn a mosaic of them all.
Stanley Horowitz
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Nothing is so simple that
it cannot be misunderstood.
Freeman Teague
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
We make a living by what we get,
but we make a life by what we give.
Norma MacFinan

8 comments:

Socratease8 said...

I like Leonard Cohen's quote about the cracks in things. Each time there is a little crack in our lives and the way we do stuff it lets a little light and wisdom in. We don't need to be perfect to get through this life and at the same time leave a path of wisdom and light for other folks.

Cloudhands said...

Ah ha! Thanks for stopping by.

Gilly said...

Very Good! Like the one from Freeman Teague!!

Cloudhands said...

Isn't it the truth, Gilly. I often find myself explaining my thoughts because I get in a hurry and leave out some important idea. What is obvious to me isn't always that clear to someone else.

asouthernsunset said...

I have so enjoyed your Grace Notes and your precious kittys. I, too, have almost 20 silk bound books of collected 'words' that I call my 'Pearls of Wisdom' books. They are numbered from the beginning and dated. I noticed that some of my books took several years to fill, while some years, I filled at least two. Your blog is always so peacful and a nice inspiration.
Blessings
Yaya

Cloudhands said...

Why thank you YaYa. I have sought to live a peaceful life and share the grace I have found in my seeking. May I say I find peaceful thoughts in your writing and so enjoy finding new entries in your southern sunset.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cloudhands, I am checking in this Sunday. Once again your "Grace Notes" bless me.

Cloudhands said...

Ernestine,
So nice to see you online for a day or so. Glad you stopped in.