"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

LATEST QUILTS

Our church set up our first County Fair booth this year. We wanted to present a cheerful face to the community. As my contribution to the effort I have created some decorative wall quilts to brighten up this first Fair Booth. I choose to create these soft windows which echo the large quilt hangings I made a few years ago to cover sound baffles along the walls of the sanctuary. Our building didn't start out as a church and so needed help in the acoustic character of the room.

There are three more quilts on the other wall and we have framed them so they look more like windows.

We have folded our tents and returned home and these quilts are now for sale. I sold three on Sunday to a friend who was visiting from Arizona. That means three will hang in the entry to the church until they sell or I take them home and give as gifts.



Here is a close up of the machine quilting I did for a little decorative touch. the rest of the quilting is straight lines 'in the ditch' which are the seams between the pieces.

I expect if these sell quickly I will put together a few more. I certainly enjoy the process.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 49th year of our life together. "Wow" what a ride.

Socratease8 said...

This first comment was suppose to be from me. Who is this John guy?

Cloudhands said...

Funny,
I tried to read his profile and there is nothing there. Blogger is having a senior moment.