"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GRACE NOTES


I am a collector of other peoples ideas. I write them down in a book . I am not alone, many people who have this compulsion do a double take when reading something that strikes a responsive chord. The next thing the person realizes, they have copied the words down on the flyleaf of the book, a slip of paper or the edge of the newspaper. We who are collectors have notes that flutter out of books, purses, billfolds, we find odd papers stuck in between recipe cards and telephone numbers. The book in which I record my quotes, poems and pithy retorts is stuffed with words yet to be enter on the blank pages.
I suspect someone reading through my book would be reading my soul and know me better than just reading my blog or talking to me. Thus, I think I will begin to use the middle of the week to share these items I have come to call 'Grace Notes' . Wednesday will be the day to copy out these favorite little thoughts and record them here in my journal.
With a nod to all who write down their thought I will start with the theme of writers
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Every writer should engrave on his/her wrist "There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are." Somerset Maugham

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Writers Prayer--- I am one
Let me become many
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
I have six honest serving men (they taught me all I know)
Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.
The Serving Men Kipling
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
"Begin at the beginning, the king said gravely, and go till you come to the end, then stop"
Lewis Carroll writing in Alice's Adventure in Wonderland
Until next time.

4 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I do this same thing. I have a number of journals with favorite quotes. But lately so busy it seems like they are on pieces of papers - here and there. I love the title "Grace Notes". I may use that name for my next notebook.
I am so happy I have found you.

Cloudhands said...

I can well believe we will find more common thread as we go along. I know you are busy. Thanks for stopping by.

Christy said...

Thanks for checking on me, I have a friend :)

Cloudhands said...

Absolutely. Happy Easter!