"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

GRACE NOTES

Over the years I have come to appreciate other peoples ideas that have changed my way of looking at the world. I call them 'Grace Notes" because I see a spiritual context and have saved these ideas in my book of quotes, they ring true every time I read them.
************************************************************************************
Nothing has any power over me other than that which I give it through my conscious thought.
Anthony Robins
************************************************************************************
There are no great deeds - just small deeds done with great love.
Mother Theresa
*************************************************************************************
Dear God,
I surrender this situation to you. May it be used for your purposes. I ask only that my heart be open to give love and to receive love. May all the results unfold according to your will.
Amen.
--A Course in Miracles --
*************************************************************************************
Success
To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
*************************************************************************************
Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can as long as you ever can.
John Wesley
************************************************************************************
I would love to hear other peoples favorite "words to live by" and if you would like to share with me here, please do. I will use them to create a future post. We are all teachers and we are all students helping each other along the way.

2 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

In my car and a copy of these two are in many places in my home.
From the book "The Four Agreements"
Be Impeccable With Your Word
Don't Take, Anything Personally
Don't Make Assumptions
Always Do Your Best
The other is a prayer
Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon:
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope:
Where there is darkness, light:
Where there is sadness, joy.

Cloudhands said...

Oh, thank you for these wonderful thoughts given to us from such wise and loving gentlemen. I have read The Four Agreements several times and will again. The prayer of St Francis is one I quote to myself often.