"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GRACE NOTES

We are each unique, just like everyone else.

The following passage was quoted by Nelson Mandala during his 1994 Inaugural speech.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson in her book 'A Return to Love'

photo: Pink Lady Slippers down by our Labyrinth

4 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love this. Spoke to my heart this early morning. Have a great day.

Cloudhands said...

I'm glad you were lifted up. I need to be reminded from time to time that I am more than I think I am. And, this passage reminds me how filled with potential we all are, and we don't have to hide our light under a bushel basket in a fit of humility.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Everytime I think of Grace Notes it brings to mind something. Years ago I started writing bible verses and other notes that spoke to my heart. I wrote them on 3 x 5 cards memorized most of them and they are dated, smudged and go back over 30 years. I am reading through them once again. At special need times - they tell me - all is well.

Cloudhands said...

Ernestine,
We seem to share this habit of keeping old inspirational personal notes. When I reread them now I can remember how I felt and reacted to the thoughts and ideas when I first needed them. Contemplatives must share this trait.