"Simple like an uncarved block."
Tao te Ching


"Like an acorn that holds the promise of a thousand forests."

Sunday, April 5, 2009

SUNDAY STROLL - REDBUDS

April is the month of The Highlands Redbud Celebration. The area just down off the mountain is called the highlands and the misnamed Redbud trees abound. The color is more like the color of Pepto Bismol. Events are scheduled all month in the name of the tree and fun is had by all. Yesterday there was music performed by the TTU Tuba Ensemble at the Cookeville Depot. (TTU is the Tennessee Technical University) There will be wildflower hikes at all the local state parks. A listing of the events can be found at http://www.redbuds.org/ There will be a Rain Barrel Festival and even something called Dragon Days. I'm sure you'll want to hop in your favorite mode of transportation and head on down to join in on all the fun.
Country roads and super highways are lined with the Redbuds.

It is breath taking to ride down the mountain and be surrounded by this delectable color.

The view any day is wonderful, at least to me. I never tire of the scenery as we go to town on any day. It is never the same. It is always a delight.

Can you dig it.
The Redbuds are the highlight now, but in a few days the Dogwoods will be in all their glory and the oohs and aahs will have to be shared.

To visit other strollers please visit The Quiet Country House

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Just beautiful!

Margaret Porter said...

So pretty! Spring brings out the best of the Southern landscape. I miss seeing redbuds...not to mention the dogwoods.

Everydaywoman said...

How beautiful--thanks for sharing! And you have very aptly described the color as "Pepto Bismol." Do you think they'd consider renaming the festival? I know you'll be enjoying every day!

Cloudhands said...

Dear Ladies, thank you for stopping by and noting the beauty that surrounds us here on the Cumberland Plateau. It was a pleasure to take you "down the road a piece"

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am so pleased to find your journal. Aisling is special to me.
Also it made me smile because I live in Tennessee. Long story as I moved to city to be near children and I am in the process of building and returning to my country property.

Cloudhands said...

Mis OWJ, Thank you so much for stopping by. Aisling and her brother were my prompt to be here in this virtual world and I have really been enjoying myself and learning my way around. I have actually been to your site and peeked over your shoulder as you build your country home. In fact I think I'll scoot on over there and see what you are up to these days.